Design & Develop Video Games. Learn C# in Unity Engine. Code Your first 3D Unity games for web, Mac & PC.
What you’ll learn
- Learn C# from scratch. A powerful modern language.
- Get experience using Unity 2017 – a very versatile 3D tool.
- Gain an excellent general knowledge of video game design.
- Make 2.5D and 3D games in Unity.
- Transfer your knowledge to .NET, other languages, and more.
- Learn how object oriented programming works in practice.
- Develop a positive attitude to problem solving.
- Practical exercises EVERY VIDEO to build actual skills.
- Learn good coding and design patterns.
- Learn to use source control, a valuable tool for working in small teams.
Please note this course has now been updated to Unity 2020.1.
This is the long-awaited sequel to the Complete Unity Developer – one of the most popular e-learning courses on the internet! Completely re-worked from scratch with brand-new projects and our latest teaching techniques. You will benefit from the fact we have already taught over 700,000 students programming and game development, many shipping commercial games as a result.
Unity is an incredible 3D package used for making video games, architectural and medical imaging and more. The challenge is that it’s big and complicated to use, especially for complete beginners to coding and game development. We make learning to code easy and fun by leading you step-by-step through the process of creating exciting games.
Get plugged into our communities of amazing developers on Facebook (nearly 20k), in our own Teaching Assistant-curated Community, and our student Discord chat channel.
This course has full professional-produced English closed-captions.
If you’re reading this you probably already have everything you need to get started. Unity is a free download. With regular access to an internet connection you’ll be able to engage in our thriving community. Even if you have no experience with coding, or with 3D packages, we will guide you through everything from first principles. Starting slow, then building on what you learn, you’ll soon have a very solid working knowledge of Unity.
Don’t take our word for it, please see the amazing reviews students have taken the time to write. We are proud to be transforming lives, and equipping 1000s of people with valuable new skills. We would love you to become one of them now.
The course is project-based, so you will not just be learning dry programming concepts, but applying them immediately to real indie games as you go. All the project files will be included, as well as additional references and resources – you’ll never get stuck. There are “talking heads”, powerful diagrams, quality screencasts and more.
For each demo game you build you will follow this process…
- Be challenged to build the entire game yourself.
- Be shown step-by step how to build it.
- Be challenged to apply, and re-apply your knowledge regularly.
Prefer to focus on 2D? Check-out our Complete Unity Developer 2D course. Want something a little more advanced? Check-out our epic Unity RPG course. Want to get certified, get a job, or learn environment art – we’ve got you covered. The green leaf logo is your sign of quality.
You will get full lifetime access for a single one-off fee. The creators are qualified and experienced coders and avid gamers, so are able to explain complex concepts clearly, as well as entertain along the way.
What this course DOESN’T cover…
Here are some things we will not be covering in detail…
- Art asset creation (assets provided but not made on-screen).
- Advanced performance optimization.
- Editor plugins or modifications.
- Physics engine modification.
Anyone who wants to learn to create games: Unity 3D is a fantastic platform which enables you to make production-quality games. Furthermore these games can be created for Windows, MacOS, iOS (even iOS 9), Android and Web from a single source!
Dive in now, you won’t be disappointed!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn to code the fun way – by making games.
- People who want to learn to make their video games, learning code as they go